Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hand Cream and Plants: Together at Last.

I built a rack with my bare hands. For YOU, dear customers. Actually, I didn't really build it per se... rather, I put it together. One of those "some assembly required" thingies. Anyway, the rack itself doesn't matter; the things on it do! (That was a weirdly-constructed sentence and I apologize.)

We went out on a limb at the CGTA show a few weeks ago. We found this really special line of skin care products that we felt would jive with Edgewood. So, knowing little about how to market creams and soaps to a clientele not used to seeing them within our walls, we decided to take a chance. I do kind of spend a disproportionate amount of time at the Clinique counter, so maybe that'll give me a leg up...

It's called McBlooms. Using naturally-derived ingredients, including botanicals, this line takes its inspiration from the very plants and flowers you see every day at Edgewood. With so many bath and body concepts available on the market today, McBlooms has focused on what they consider to be the essence of their skin care range: simple packaging; reasonable prices; a subtle, pleasing fragrance and of course, a product that really works. Their Extremely Rich Cream even soothed Murray's mangled florist's hands, which is no small feat.

We've chosen a small yet solid assortment of McBlooms products with which to introduce the brand at Edgewood. There's a selection of gift sets (perfect for the upcoming holiday,) a travel pouch full of goodies for the snowbirds who will be heading south in a few months, and that amazing Extremely Rich Cream that so impressed us at the gift show. I hope you'll stop by and check it out. If you're nice, I have a few samples that I selectively part with...