Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Saving Time

Well, Daylight Saving Time is in effect and it allowed us to wake up an hour earlier to see what Mother Nature had dealt us overnight. I am not sure how many centimeters fell, but it left us with quite a bit of shoveling to do. With two snowblowers out of commission, we will be left to remove the snow by hand. Overnight it was hard to sleep due to the half expectancy of a call from the alarm system that the power had gone out. This is always a possibility when we have the high winds we experienced last night. The generator then needs to get started and systems changed over in order to keep the furnaces going. I prepared myself by going over in my mind what had to be done. One thing is for sure that we are making up for snowfall this year what we lacked the two previous years. With eleven days to go until spring, I guess everyone is wondering when it will end.