Thursday, December 15, 2011

TIS THE SEASON

Can you believe that it's already mid December? It seems like only yesterday I was raking leaves in the garden..oh wait that was yesterday..lol.
Ok so the weather, well its been simply incredible for this time of year (sorry to those who ski). Though it does make it hard to get into that holiday, festive mode. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping, let alone decorating the house. Guess what I'm doing this week-end! I know that I am not alone, and there are many more of you out there who are scrambling to get everything done in time. But isn't that just part of the holidays, the running around, the long waits in the stores, and oh the stress. Not to forget the preparing meals, appetizers and sweets that make us all feel overly full and guilty for having indulged in so much wonderful decadence.
Well it is the holidays, if you can't enjoy yourself now, when else can you with perfect justification!
I just hope that during all this hustle and bustle this time of year brings, that each and everyone takes sometime to take a deep breath and actually sit back and enjoy yourself.. Because it is the holiday time, and you should be good to not only the other people in your life, but also to yourself. Actually enjoy the company of family and friends without worrying if they will like this or that, who cares, its the holidays! It's supposed to be about taking the time to be together, love one another, appreciate what it is you have, and hold on to all the ones who are dear to us!
So in reply to my last statement, I will not worry so much if my house is not perfectly decorated, or if I didn't have time to make homemade cookies. And if I have to pick up frozen entrees, well then so be it! I will remember that Christmas is a time to be with the ones you love, and to make memories that you will hold dear when perhaps that will be all you have left.
So keeping all that in mind, I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday season, no matter how you celebrate them, I hope they are celebrated amongst those whom you love most. Remember the best gift of all is the gift of love, and the best gift to receive is love.