Wednesday, December 18, 2013

IT’S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!




So here we are a week before Christmas.  A week where, those of us who celebrate it run around in circles trying to get everything done in time for the big day.  From the shopping for last minute gifts, to picking up the yummy treats we serve to our family and friends, or (as in my case) working feverishly to put those lovely arrangements together to adorn the many holiday tables.
   I have to admit that the holiday spirit has somehow forsaken me a bit this year.  Oh don’t worry, I haven’t gotten to the bah humbug stage yet.  Perhaps it’s just that we get so worked up in our own day to day stuff that we tend to over look the meaning of Christmas. The biblical side of Christmas celebrates the day our savior was born. I understand that this is the true reason and meaning of Christmas.  But, to me, it’s even more than that; it’s a feeling of warmth, a holiday glow if you like.  You can’t find it in a store, or wrapped up, it just simply is there. It fills your heart with smoldering coals that heats the very essence of you throughout.  It’s what makes you smile, and maybe do something unexpectedly nice to someone you may barely know. It’s how you feel when you help a person who is truly in need. There is so much we can do for one another, and it takes so little effort to bring a smile to another ones face. Yes, that is what this season means to me.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the lights, the trees all decorated, the look on the children’s faces when they see Santa. It’s all part of the season as well.
    I guess what I’m saying, is that Christmas, to me, is a holiday that comes from within, and is meant to be shared throughout.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!